National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
- 30100 for providing 100 days of wage employment to each rural household opting for it. All
the Districts covering rural areas have been brought under NREGA with effect from 1st April,
Swaranjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana
- 2350 for establishing micro-enterprises in
rural areas. Activity clusters and group approach are the two key components of the programme.
At least 50% of the Swarozgaries will be SCs/STs, 40% women and 3% disabled.
- 8800 for providing assistance to rural BPL
households for construction of houses (and upgradation of Kuchcha houses). As per Indira Awaas
Yojana guidelines, the houses are allotted in the name of the female member of the household
or in the name of husband and wife. 60% of total allocation is to be utilised for construction
of houses for BPL families of SCs/STs.
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
- 10000 for providing connectivity to eligible unconnected rural habitations through good
DRINKING WATER SUPPLY
Accelerated Rural Water Supply Programme
- 7300 for supplementing the States in their
effort to provide safe drinking water to all rural habitations.
- 1200 for Total Sanitation
Integrated Watershed Management Programme
- 2021 for Centrally sponsored scheme of
Integrated Watershed Management Programme.
National Land Records Modernisation Programme
- 270 for land records
AGRICULTURE AND COOPERATION
- 1100 for National Horticulture Mission.
- 1100 for National Food Security Mission.
- 950 for Macro Management of Agriculture.
- 400 for Micro Irrigation.
- 644 for National Agriculture Insurance Scheme
- 320 for Integrated Oilseeds, Oil Palm, Pulses &
Maize Development .
ANIMAL HUSBANDRY, DAIRYING AND FISHERIES
- 271 for Veterinary Services and Animal Health.
- 100 for Cattle Development.
- 75 for a Special package for farming population in 31
suicide prone districts in the country.
AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH AND EDUCATION
- 300 for research issues in Crop Sciences.
- 345 for Agricultural Education to improve the quality
of human resource, upgrade infrastructure and educational reforms.
- 282 for Agricultural Extension programmes to
disseminate frontline technologies.
- 252 for World Bank Aided National Agricultural
ENVIRONMENT AND FORESTS
- 617 for Ecology & Environment and National
- 883 for Forestry and Wildlife and National
Afforestation & Eco-Development.
MICRO, SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES
- 144 for Credit Support Programme to provide
Guarantee cover to banks for extending loans to Small/Tiny units without collateral.
- 823 for Prime Minister's Employment Generation
Programme to provide subsidy to beneficiaries meeting cost of training and to meet
residual/ committed liabilities under Prime Minister's Rozgar Yojana/Rural Employment
- 78 for Consumer Awareness.
- 37 for Consumer Protection.
FOOD AND PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION
- 45 for computerisation of PDS operations in all
SCHOOL EDUCATION AND LITERACY
- 13100 for Sarva Shiksha
- 8000 for National Programme of Mid Day Meals in
- 1354 for Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha
- 750 for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme.
- 3440 for University Grants Commission - includes
provision for implementation of the recommendations of Oversight Committee.
- 3185 for Technical Education, including a provision
for implementation of the recommendations of Oversight Committee.
- 552 for National Mission on Information and
WOMEN & CHILD DEVELOPMENT
- 6705 for Integrated Child Development Services.
- 60 for Integrated Child Protection Scheme
- 100 for Rajiv Gandhi National Creche Scheme.
- 2380 for Research & Development and Promotion
of Information Technology.
- 800 for establishing National Knowledge Network.
- 700 for e-Governance
- 449 for National Informatics Centre to improve
- 105 for Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
(C-DAC) for undertaking R&D.
- 26 for OFC based Network for Defence Services.
- 300 for C-DOT.
- 11930 for National Rural Health Mission.
- 3650 for Health Sector.
- 56 for development of Ayurveda system
- 41 for development of Homeopathy system.
- 37 for development of Unani system
- 50 for National Board for Medicinal Plants.
- 140 for National Rural health Mission.
- 30 for National Mission on Medicinal Plants.
- 215 for Inter-State and Economically Important
Roads in different States and UTs.
- 600 for development of National Highways under Border
- 7977 for National Highway Development Programme in
Golden Quadrilateral and North-South, East-West corridors, etc.
- 1200 for Special Accelerated Road Development Project
in North Eastern Region.
- 1140 for Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme.
- 425 for Integrated Textile Park.
- 340 for Handloom Schemes.
- 220 for Handicrafts schemes.
SOCIAL JUSTICE AND EMPOWERMENT
- 480 towards Special Central Assistance for
Scheduled Castes Special Component Plan to benefit about 6 lakh beneficiaries.
- 750 for Post Matric Scholarships for SC students.
- 273 for Post Matric Scholarships for Scheduled
DEVELOPMENT OF NORTH EASTERN REGION
- 60 for North Eastern Development Finance
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- 415 for Multi-Disciplinary Research in frontier
- 145 for National Mission on Nano-Science and
- 100 for Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Research.
- 85 for Scholarships for Science in Higher Education.
- 340 for Research & Development.
- 200 for Autonomous R & D Institutions.
- 455 for PSLV &
- 382 for INSAT System.
- 270 for Navigational Satellite System.
- 217 for Geo-synchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle
(GSLV) Mark-III Development.
- 90 for Indian Lunar Mission Chandrayaan- 1&2.
- 50 for Manned Mission Initiatives/Human Space Flight
- 94 for establishment of 3rd permanent station in
Antartica and launching of southern ocean expeditions besides annual expeditions to
- 47 for strengthening the R&D activities for
harnessing the resources from the sea.
- 25 for setting up a dedicated Regional Centre to
address scientific issues relating to Climate Change.
- 800 for development of Infrastructure, preparation
of teams for holding Commonwealth Games, 2010.
- 140 Archaeology.
- 30 for Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts.
- 19 for setting up of Science Cities.
- 50 for establishment of a Petrochemical Gas
Cracker Project at Lepetkata, Dibrugarh (Assam).
DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACEUTICALS
- 50 for establishment of 6 new National Institutes
of Pharmaceuticals Education and Research.
- 45 for Rashtriya Gram Swaraj
- 10 for Panchayat Empowerment and Accountability.
- 24 for
- 180 for setting up of a state of art automotive
testing, validation and R&D infrastructure facilities in India.
- 119.34 lakh tonnes of Nitrogenous fertiliser
- 38.42 lakh tonnes of Phosphatic fertiliser production
COAL AND LIGNITE
- 534.33 million tonnes of domestic availability of
coal has been assessed.
- 23.60 million tonnes of lignite production targeted.
- 14.40 million tonnes of saleable steel production
by Steel Authority of India Ltd. and Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd. targeted.
- 22.50 million tonnes of Iron Ore production by
National Mineral Development Corporation Limited targeted.
- 20000 Rolling stock wagons; 4620 coaches;500 locos
to be added.
- 3500 kilometers of track renewal; 1000 route
kilometres of electrification; 1500 route kilometres of gauge conversion.
- 400 kilometers new lines to be added; 1000 kilometers
doubling of lines targeted.
- 5000 Post Offices targeted for
- 100 Branch Post Offices to be opened.
- 50 Sub Post Offices to be opened.
- 500 Franchise outlets to be opened.
- 100 Financial Marts to be set up.
NEW AND RENEWABLE ENERGY
- 2678 MW Grid-Interactive Power Capacity addition
- 1500 remote villages/hamlets targeted for
electricity/lighting facility through SPV/other RE systems and devices, including