RESEARCH AND EDUCATION
HUSBANDRY, DAIRYING AND FISHERIES
(Rs. in Crore)
National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
- 16000 for providing 100 days of wage employment to each rural household opting for
Swaranjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana
- 2150 for establishing a large number of micro-enterprises in rural areas. Activity
clusters and group approach are the two key components of the programme. At least 50% of
the Swarozgaris will be SCs/STs, 40% women and 3% disabled.
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
- 7530 for providing connectivity to eligible unconnected rural habitations through good
all-weather roads. The systematic upgradation of existing rural roads is also an essential
component of the scheme.
- 5400 for providing assistance to rural BPL households for construction of houses and
upgradation of kutcha houses. As per Indira Awaas Yojana guidelines, the house should be
allotted in the name of the female member of household or in the name of husband and wife;
60% of the total allocation is to be utilized for construction of houses for BPL families
DRINKING WATER SUPPLY
Accelerated Rural Water Supply Programme
- 7300 for supplementing the States in their effort to provide safe drinking water to all
- 1200 for Total Sanitation Programme.
Integrated Watershed Management Programme
- 1825 for Centrally sponsored scheme of Integrated Watershed Management Programme.
National Land Records Modernization Programme
- 473 for Computerisation of Land Records and Strengthening of Revenue Administration and
updating of Land Records.
- 1100 for National Horticulture Mission.
- 1100 for National Food Security Mission
- 500 for Micro Irrigation.
- 644 for National Agriculture Insurance Scheme (NAIS).
- 299 for Technology Mission on Horticulture in NE Region, Jammu & Kashmir and
- 320 for Integrated Oilseeds, Oil Palm, Pulses & Maize Development Scheme.
- 130 for Livestock Census.
- 160 for Special package for farming population in 31 suicide prone districts in the
- 75 for National Fisheries Development Board.
- 315 for research issues in Crop Sciences.
- 350 for Agricultural Education to improve the quality of human resource, upgrade
infrastructure and educational reforms.
- 281 for Agricultural Extension Programmes to disseminate frontline technologies.
- 257 for National Agricultural Innovation Project.
- 45 for Fisheries research and quality fish seed.
AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES
- 599 for Ecology & Environment.
- 751 for Forestry and Wild life.
- 823 for Prime Minister's Employment Generation Programme to provide subsidy to
beneficiaries meeting cost of training backward forward linkage and to meet residual or
committed liabilities under Prime Minister's Rozgar Yojana/Rural Employment Generation
Programme, if any.
- 140 for Credit Support Programme to provide Guarantee cover to Commercial Banks for
extending loans to Small/Tiny units without collateral.
EDUCATION AND LITERACY
- 75 for Consumer Protection/Awareness/ Education
- 54 for Integrated Project for Consumer Protection.
- 23 for Forward Market Commission
- 22 for setting up of National System of Standardization and National System of
- 18 for Weights & Measures
- 13100 for Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan.
- 8000 for National Programme of Mid-Day Meals in schools.
- 2185 for the scheme of Universal Access and Quality at Secondary Stage (SUCCESS).
- 3440 for University Grants Commission - includes an allocation of Rs. 875 crore for
implementation of the recommendations of Oversight Committee.
- 3205 for Technical Education, including Rs.1647 crore for implementation of the
recommendations of Oversight Committee.
- 502 for National Mission on Information and Communication Technology
WOMEN & CHILD DEVELOPMENT
- 6300 for Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS).
- 200 for Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS)
- 200 for Swayamsidha - Women's empowerment Programme.
- 400 for National Informatics Centre.
- 800 for e-Governance programme.
- 100 for establishing the National Knowledge Network.
- 45 for Manpower Development initiatives.
- 33 for Cyber Security.
- 170 for OFC based Network for Defence Services.
- 158 for C-DoT (including Telecom testing and security certification Centre).
- 11930 for National Rural Health Mission.
- 3650 for Health Sector
- 68 for development of Ayurveda system.
- 31 for development of Homoeopathy system.
- 26 for development of Unani system.
- 13 for development of Yoga and Naturopathy system
- 43 for National Board for Medicinal Plants
- 65 for development of AYUSH Institution
- 120 for National Rural Health Mission for implementing scheme Hospital &
- 186 for Inter-State and Economically Important Roads in different
States and UTs.
- 650 for development of National Highways under Border Road
- 6973 for National Highways.
- 1200 for Special Accelerated Road Development Project in the North
- 1672 for development of State Highways and UT Roads
- 1090 for Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme.
- 450 for Integrated Textile Park.
- 340 for Handloom schemes.
- 220 for Handicrafts schemes.
SOCIAL JUSTICE AND EMPOWERMENT
- 480 towards Special Central Assistance for Scheduled Castes Special Component Plan to
benefit about 5.75 lakh SC beneficiaries.
- 731 for Post Matric Scholarships for SC students- about 36.30 lakh students likely to
- 250 for Post Matric Scholarships for Scheduled Tribe students, book banks and
upgradation of merit of Scheduled Tribes students.
DEVELOPMENT OF NORTH EASTERN REGION |
- 60 for the North Eastern Development Finance Corporation.
- 13 for Technical Assistance & Capacity Building.
- 7 for Advocacy & Publicity.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- 415 for Multi Disciplinary Research in frontier areas.
- 145 for National Mission on Nano-Science and Nano-Technology.
- 100 for Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Research.
- 85 for Scholarships for Science in Higher Education.
- 235 for Autonomous R&D institutions.
- 315 for Research and Development.
- 45 for Grand Challenge Programmes.
- 435 for PSLV & GSLV operational projects.
- 350 for INSAT System.
- 350 for Special Indigenisation/Advance ordering.
- 270 for Navigational Satellite System.
- 270 for Geo-synchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) Mark-III Development.
- 125 for Manned Mission Initiatives/Human Space Flight.
- 78 for Indian Lunar Mission Chandrayaan-1 & 2.
- 364 for improving weather and monsoon forecast.
- 36 for strengthening Polar Science activities.
- 20 for development of Technology to harness ocean resources.
- 224 for development of Infrastructure, preparation of teams for holding Commonwealth
- 125 for introduction of new scheme "Panchayat Yuva Krida aur Khel Abhiyan".
- 78 for Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan.
- 111 Archaeology.
- 25 for Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts.
- 12 for setting up of Science Cities.
- 12 for Khalsa Heritage Project.
CHEMICALS AND PETRO-CHEMICALS
- 100 for establishment of a Petrochemical Gas Cracker Complex at Lapetkata, Dibrugarh
- 35 for establishment of 6 new NIPERs.
- 30 for Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Yojana
- 10 for Panchayat Empowerment and Accountability Incentive Scheme.
- 10 for Panchayat Mahila Evam Yuva Shakti Abhiyan.
- 5 for National e-Governance Plan.
- 125 for setting up a world-class automotive testing and homologation facilities in
- 78 to UP Paper Mill Project, a subsidiary of Hindustan Paper Corporation Ltd., for
manufacture of paper.
- 119.02 lakh tonnes of Nitrogenous fertilizer production targetted.
- 41.68 lakh tonnes of phosphatic fertilizer production targetted.
COAL AND LIGNITE5
- 496.84 million tonnes of domestic viability of coal has been assessed.
- 21.5 million tonnes of lignite production targetted.
- 15.73 million tonnes of saleable steel production by SAIL and RINL targetted.
- 28 million tonnes of Iron Ore production by National Mineral Development Corporation
- 20900 Rolling stock wagons, 3928 coaches; 490 locos to be added.
- 3750 kilometers of track renewal; 700 route kilometers of electrification; 2150 route
kilometers of gauge conversion.
- 350 kilometers new lines to be added; 1000 Kilometers doubling of lines targeted.
- 8000 Post Offices targetted for computerization and networking.
- 500 Branch Post offices to be opened.
- 375 Sub Post Offices to be opened.
- 2375 Franchisee outlets to be opened.
NEW AND RENEWABLE ENERGY
- 2603 MW Grid-Interactive Power Capacity addition targetted.
- 1500 remote villages/hamlets targetted for electricity/lighting facility through SPV/
other RE systems and devices, including DRPS.