Sampoorna Gramin Rozgar Yojana
- 4900 crore rupees provided for the scheme. The
objective of the scheme is to provide additional wage employment in rural areas as also
food security. It envisages distribution of foodgrains @ 5 Kg per manday to the worker as
part of the wages. The programme will be implemented through District and Block Panchayat
and the Village Panchayat.
Swaranjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana
- 800 crore rupees provided for Swaranjayanti Gram
Swarozgar Yojana which is a holistic self-employment programme with the objective of
establishing a large number of micro-enterprises in rural areas. Activity clusters and
group approach are the two key components of the programme. At least 50% of the
swarozgaris will be SC/ST, 40% women and 3% disabled.
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
- 2325 crore rupees provided for Pradhan Mandri Gram
Sadak Yojana with the objective of providing connectivity to unconnected rural habitations
through good all weather roads.
- 1900 crore rupees provided for rural housing for rural
poor to be built by themselves.
DRINKING WATER SUPPLY
Accelerated Rural Water Supply Programme
- 2585 crore rupees provided to supplement the States in their
effort to provide safe drinking water to all rural habitations.
- 165 crore rupees provided for rural sanitation is for Tribal
Sanitation Campaign in selected districts to be decided by the States.
Integrated Wastelands Development Programme
- 401 crore rupees provided for additional 11 lakh
hectares to be taken up for development on watershed basis through peoples
Drought Prone Areas Programme
- 295 crore rupees provided for additional areas covering about
13 lakh hectares.
Desert Development Programme
- 215 crore rupees provided for an additional area
covering 8.50 lakh hectares.
AGRICULTURE AND COOPERATION
- 315 crore rupees provided for Crop Insurance Scheme.
- 700 crore rupees provided for Macro-management in agriculture.
- 82 crore rupees provided for On-farm Water Management Scheme.
- 134 crore rupees provided for Technology Mission in
Horticulture in North Eastern Region, Jammu & Kashmir and Uttaranchal.
- 116.15 lakh tonnes of Nitrogenous fertilizer production
- 48.19 lakh tonnes of phosphatic fertilizer production
COAL AND LIGNITE
- 350.05 million tonnes of coal production targeted.
- 20.90 million tonnes of lignite production targeted.
ELEMENTARY EDUCATION AND LITERACY
- 1951 crore rupees provided for Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan. It
is meant for implementation of universal elementary education in a mission mode with a
clear district focus to provide quality elementary education to children of the age group
of 6-14 years. Special focus will be on girls, children belonging to SC/ST communities,
urban slum dwellers and low female literacy blocks.
- 1175 crore rupees provided for national programme of
nutritional support to Primary Education.
- 1200 crore rupees provided for District Primary Education
- 233 crore rupees provided for Adult Education.
- 470 crore rupees provided for the development and
promotion of Information Technology.
- 245 crore rupees provided for National Malaria Eradication
programme, including Kala-Azar.
- 74 crore rupees provided for National Leprosy Control
- 225 crore rupees provided for National AIDS control Programme.
- 115 crore rupees provided for Tuberculosis Control Programme.
- 86 crore rupees provided for Blindness Control Programme.
- 55 crore rupees provided for National Cancer Control
- 1993 crore rupees provided for investment in National Highway
Authority of India which has been entrusted with the construction of "Golden
Quadrilateral" and North-South and East-West corridors.
- 100 crore rupees provided for roads of economic and
- 545.55 billion units generation targeted.
- 24000 villages to be electrified.
- 20050 wagons, 1760 coaches, 274 EMUs, 85 Diesel locos and
69 Electric locos to be added.
- 3850 kilometers of track renewal.
- 350 route kilometers of electrification.
- 775 route kilometers of gauge conversion.
- 225 kilometers new lines to be added.
- 340 route kilometers of doubling.
To instal -
- 64.11 lakh direct exchange lines by BSNL & MTNL, including
WLL and cellular connections.
- 69.00 lakh switching capacity by BSNL & MTNL.
- 11.08 lakh lines of Trunk Automatic Exchange capacity by BSNL
- 55,000 route kilometers of Optical Fibre Cable Net work.
AGRO AND RURAL INDUSTRIES
- 152 crore rupees provided for Prime Ministers Rozgar
Yojana to assist educated unemployed youth.
- 191 crore rupees provided for Rural Employment Generation
Programme to generate additional employment in the rural industries/sector through
development of Khadi and Village Industries.
- 17.61 million tonnes of production of saleable steel by
SAIL, RINL and TISCO targeted.
SOCIAL JUSTICE AND EMPOWERMENT
- 260 crore rupees provided for Post Matric Scholarships for
SC students by which about 19.26 lakh students are likely to benefit during 2003-2004.
- 377 crore rupees provided towards Special Central Assistance
for Special Component Plan by which about 3.77 lakh Scheduled Caste families are likely to
benefit during 2003-2004.
NON CONVENTIONAL ENERGY SOURCES
- 1000 villages proposed to be electrified.
- 40,000 Solar cookers to be installed in remote and far flung
- 478.5 MW power generation capacity to be added from
- 497 crore rupees provided towards Special Central
Assistance to Tribal Sub-Plan Areas for the benefit of Scheduled Tribe families.
- 300 crore rupees provided for creating critical infrastructure
in the Tribal Areas to bring them at par with developed areas.
- 56 crore rupees provided for Post Matric Scholarships for
Scheduled Tribe students by which about 4.5 lakh students are likely to be benefited
SMALL SCALE INDUSTRIES
- 172.80 crore rupees provided for Credit Guarantee Fund for
SSI to provide collateral free loan to SSI Sector.
- 880 crore rupees provided for Mass Rapid Transport System
(MRTS) in Delhi.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- 215 crore rupees provided for Multi Disciplinary Research in
Science and Technology Programme under the Science and Engineering Research Council
- 150 crore rupees is provided for creation of a Pharmaceutical
R&D Support Fund.
To open -
- 900 Panchayat Sanchar Sewa Kendras