- 2000 crore rupees provided for investment in National Highway
Authority of India which has been entrusted with the construction of "Golden
Quadrilateral" and North-South and East-West corridors.
- 100 crore rupees provided for roads of economic and
PETROLEUM AND NATURAL GAS
- 11366 crore rupees provided for exploration and production
of crude oil and natural gas.
- 5817 crore rupees provided for refining and marketing.
- 525 billion units generation targeted.
- 17000 wagons, 1450 coaches, 222 EMUs, 90 Diesel locos and
69 Electric locos to be added.
- 4000 kilometers of track renewal.
- 375 route kilometers of electrification.
- 542 route kilometers of gauge conversion.
- 214 kilometers new lines to be added.
- 250 route kilometers of doubling.
- 69.83 lakh direct exchange line by BSNL & MTNL.
- 95.17 lakh switching capacity by BSNL & MTNL.
- 11.47 lakh lines of Trunk Automatic Exchange capacity by BSNL
- 75000 route Kilometers of Optical Fibre Cable Network.
- 2.18 lakh public telephone by BSNL.
AGRO AND RURAL INDUSTRIES
- 152 crore rupees provided for Prime Ministers Rozgar
Yojana to assist educated unemployed youth.
- 178 crore rupees provided for Rural Employment Generation
- 17.31 million tonnes of production of saleable steel by
SAIL, RINL and TISCO targeted.
SOCIAL JUSTICE AND EMPOWERMENT
- 268 crore rupees provided for Post Matric Scholarships for
SC students by which about 16 lakh students are likely to benefit during 2002-2003.
- 372 crore rupees provided towards Special Central Assistance
for Special Component Plan by which about 3.75 lakh Scheduled Caste families are likely to
benefit during 2002-2003.
NON CONVENTIONAL ENERGY SOURCES
- 500 unelectrified villages situated in remote and far
flung areas to be electrified in 2002-03 through hydro power under village Electrification
- 82000 Solar cookers to be installed in 2002-03 in remote and
far flung areas.
- 548 MW power generation capacity to be added from renewables.
- 500 crore rupees provided towards Special Central
Assistance to Tribal Sub-Plan Areas for the benefit of Scheduled Tribe families.
- 300 crore rupees provided for creating critical infrastructure
in the Tribal Areas to bring them at par with developed areas.
- 66 crore rupees provided for Post Matric Scholarships for
Scheduled Tribe students by which about 4.5 lakh students are likely to be benefited
SMALL SCALE INDUSTRIES
- 180 crore rupees provided for Credit Guarantee Fund for SSI to provide
collateral free loan to SSI Sector.